Title

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Mock Draft - 2 Live Mayhew Edition

Mock Draft - 2 Live Mayhew Edition



Sticking with a theme for Mayhew I went with another controversial group that was hotly debated for their merits during their run of hits and albums helping pave way for the Miami Bass sound that would influence hiphop tracks and an edgy style that pushed the boundaries of acceptability and CENSORSHIP.
One Round one, I picked Gordon for fun
In the Draft room all day and all of the night
Two Round two, I took I took ALi Marpet for the honolulu blue
In the Draft room all day and all of the night
Three Round three, I take Bennett the DT
In the draftroom all day and all of the night
Four round four, couldn't get back in to pick more
In the draft room all day and all of the night
Five round five, the trade up for Tyrell Williams came alive
In the draftroom all day and all of the night
Six round six, he dropped but got Harrison, Jarvis
In the draft room all day and all of the night
Seven and seven, went with Craig Mager to go get him
In the draft room all day and all of the night
Haaaaaa, but it, but it, but it hurts so good
Haaaaaa, but it, but it, but it hurts so good
Haaaaaa, but it, but it, but it hurts so good
Haaaaaa, but it, but it, but it hurts so good
NOT SUITABLE FOR WORK
from wikipedia

Early career

The 2 Live Crew was created by DJ Mr. Mixx (David Hobbs) with fellow rappers Fresh Kid Ice (Chris Wong Won), and Amazing Vee (Yuri Vielot). The group released its first single, "Revelation", in 1985. "Revelation" was popular in Florida, so The 2 Live Crew (sans Amazing Vee) relocated to Miami. Rapper Brother Marquis (Mark Ross) joined The 2 Live Crew for its next single "What I Like". Local rapper Luke Skyywalker (Luther Campbell) gave The 2 Live Crew a record deal and worked as the group's manager and then lead vocalist.[7]

Move Somethin'[edit]

Move Somethin' is the second album by Miami hip hop group 2 Live Crew. The album was released in 1988. It was also certified Gold and featured the single. "ONE AND ONE"
Campbell decided to sell a separate clean version in addition to the explicit version of the next album, Move Somethin' (1988), produced by Mr. Mixx. A record store clerk in Alexander City, Alabama, was cited for selling a copy to an undercover police officer in 1988. It was the first time in the United States that a record store owner was held liable for obscenity over music. The charges were dropped after a jury found the record store not guilty.

8 comments:

  1. we should talk more about the early days of hip hop. I think you touched on a the what was called the "Miami Bass Wars" I am kinda of an old school hip hop guy. in my teens I was a break dancer and I still love to listen to that pure genre of old skool hip hop.

    Now on to the Lions and your mock...lol

    I cannot disagree with it. I like Gordon over Gurley. Marpet is an interior guy that the o-line needs quality players at. The rest looks like positions of needs

    The Gucci Crew 2 were a lesser know 2 live crew styled trio that had some popularity in that era

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you guys want to talk about whatever, just start an open thread :)

      Delete
    2. Oh Oh Oh Sally, that girl…
      !
      now you really have to come to my dance studio! it's urban styles featuring breakin' , poppin', locking' etc..

      nasty ray (respected bboy) teached an adult breaking on wednesday at 6pm but I work an open sessions practice on Tuesday nights hosted by a local crew "floor gangz" and "808 breakers" from Hawaii.

      Later in May, we have an R16 battle - that's a primary qualifier for a larger breakin' tournament.

      I went with a lot of "reno's" sleeper picks from his preview and wondered to myself… would I prefer a draft that got all his sleeper picks but had Lions trading out of first round to do so, or would I prefer the first round selection, maybe even 2nd round selection since Reno had 10 guys previewed and I assumed most were later round projections…

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. need to do a live thread on thursday for the draft. I will be here.

      Delete
    2. where are you going to watch the draft? holed up at hime with a beer?
      I'm undecided probably stay home but might have to go into SOMA in afternoon leaving me stuck in SF unless I want to sit in traffic

      Delete
    3. yes Cruize, I will be here for the draft and we will have a live chat going for it. No question, it will be a great trial run for live games later in the year.

      Store and a beer for me. Will you be joining us for the live chat Billy?

      Delete
    4. i will try, not sure if I'll be at a computer

      Delete