Title

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The Lions biggest need in the draft?

There seems to be a consensus out there that the Lions have multiple needs at just about every position. At the top of that list it appears, to me anyhow, to be Offensive Line, Corner Back, Wide Receiver, Running Back and Defensive Tackle. I have gone over this list in my head dozens of times and I have reached a sort of priority list that I would place on these positions as follows....


  1. Offensive Line
  2. Defensive Tackle
  3. Corner back
  4. Running back
  5. Wide Receiver
I look at that list typed out and immediately I want to change it. I could easily push any of the top 3 to the #1 spot and be happy. In my mind that should work to the Lions advantage. If I were running the Lions draft, it would be really simple. Take the highest rated player at one of those three positions and build the rest of the draft from there.

I don't think I need to say it but I will just for the sake of it. BPA is bull shit fed to fans so they can believe their Front Office is not full of failures. It is so much easier to lay the blame of a failed draft pick on the best player available philosophy than it is to tell the truth. We fucked up and picked the wrong guy.

So, I put onto you, what is your list of top needs and how would you order them? Would you be strict with your order or would you
not? Basically, I am asking how you would approach the coming draft for the Lions?

4 comments:

  1. My top 3 is your top 3. I would replace WR with a safety. As far as the o-line goes I would like it to be a guard or a OT that can play LG for a season ala the great Ogden for the Ravens. And if the FO can manage to to pick up an extra pick or two, I say double down on the RB position in the mid to late rounds. I still hold on the to the thought that if the Lions were ever able to have a strong running game it would it do wonders for Stafford.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gut says oline, but then I think about the young talent that could be healthy this year and maybe they're just missing the guard / OT that JC sees, and not really needing multiple players for the oline this draft, although I wouldn't be opposed to them doubling down on the oline.

    I would then go safety….. I'm not sold on the depth behind the guys in front and with Diggs being unhappy….

    but if they get a chance to draft Gurley, how could they pass?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can Mayhew take a chance on Gurley in the 1st Rd with that knee?

      Delete
    2. Scary thing about Gurley's knee is that the last I heard was he was not letting teams doctors exam it yet.

      Delete