Title

Thursday, April 9, 2015

My Mayhew-esque Draft

   With the NFL Draft right around the corner, I thought I would do my best Martin Mayhew impersonation.  And given Martin's penance for all things shiny in the higher rounds I have selected Wisconsin running back Melvin Gordon.


Gordon is a 6'1 215 lb speedster and a homerun threat.  He has all the intangibles that you would look for in the running back.  Size, speed, quickness, agility and vision. He has been mostly compared to Kansas City Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles, because of shiftiness and explosive style.

Although I personally would like the Lions address either of the interior lines, mostly the offensive line, I would not be surprise if Mayhew went with Gurley or Gordon here.

2 comments:

  1. a good running back can make all the difference for Stafford. So when Lions open the season having the threat of Gurley in the backfire…. ohh wait , he won't be ready til Novermber? Perfect for the playoff push with fresh legs!


    you can also find guards in the 4th and 5th rounds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol the Lions/Mayhew has a strong record of great 4th and 5th rounds picks. Thank the football Gods for Sam Martin. But I am convinced the only reason Mayhew took Sam he liked Sam's last name.

      Delete