Title

Friday, April 10, 2015

Round Two of My Very Merry Mayhew-esque Draft

  Yesterday channeling my inter Mayhew, I selected Melvin Gordon RB from Wisconsin for a likely pick of the Detroit Lions at 23.

Now comes my second round pick #54 overall...




Jaquiski Tartt S, Samford

Tartt has create some recent draft buzz, with his impressive skill set.  At 6'1 222 lbs he has great size and tackling ability to be reliable in a run support role and enough speed (4.53 40) to help in coverage.

Jaquiski could start out at strong safety but is versatile enough to be able to play free safety as well.  Given the recent news that starting safety James Ihedigbo holding out for more money, and the only viable backup on the roster is Isa Abdul-Quddus the Lions need depth and bring youth to this position group.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know much about the kids of this years draft but I would absolutely love a S that is drafted to be a S.

    ReplyDelete