Title

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Lions trade up in the 3rd round and select Alex Carter

   First off the trade, the Lions traded their 88th overall pick and their 5th round (143rd overall) pick to the Vikings for the 80th overall pick.  So the Lions were able to move up eight spots by giving up the pick that they got in the Denver trade in the 1st round.  

   For Carter, big bodied corner 6'0 196 lbs.  He is a smooth natural athlete with good all around skills.  Looks good in press coverage, gets lost a little in zone.  Not the best straight line speed but makes up for that with solid instincts.  He is a wrap up secure tackler and can help out against the run.  The negatives on him is his overall speed and his closing speed.  His technique needs the bugs worked out.  Could have benefited by staying in school for another season.  There are people who think Alex could be moved to the safety position.

   My take on this I like the player.  The Lions really needs to inject some youth in the back four.  I just hope this kid does not turn into the "Amari Spievey" experiment.  With Austin working his magic on DBs I have high hopes for Carter and give this pick a B ( giving up a pick hurts the grade)



   

  

2 comments:

  1. I don't like the trade up, particularly giving the vikes another pick but I do like the potential of this kid. I gave it a B too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ND and Ari St. Somebody tell me what I'm missing.
    http://draftbreakdown.com/video/alex-carter-vs-notre-dame-2014/

    ReplyDelete